Communication across today’s composite applications often involves industry-standard message formats (EDIFACT, HL7, HIPAA, X12, etc.), as well as some very distinct, specialized formats used in niche markets. Although such formats have proven to be extremely efficient for electronic data exchange, they are typically difficult for humans to understand, manipulate, and validate.
When testing end-to-end transactions that leverage such message formats, sending a single inbound transaction and validating the result can be both difficult and error-prone. This challenge is exacerbated when QA teams need to exercise the broad range and volume of test cases needed to accurately determine whether the system is properly processing such transactions. This level of validation involves complex test suites that leverage large data sets and perform multi-layer validation on the outbound transactions.
This technical white paper introduces Parasoft SOAtest, which is designed to ensure that organizations leveraging any of these industry standard message formats can take full advantage of a rich graphical interface when they’re configuring, sending, and validating the messages that drive their business.
What tasks does SOAtest cover?
- Ensuring the reliability, security, and compliance of composite, SOA, cloud, and web applications
- Reducing the time and effort required to construct and maintain automated tests
- Automatically and continuously validating complex business scenarios
- Validating performance and functionality expectations under load
- Rapidly diagnosing problems directly from the test environment